How to Refer a Patient
We make it easy!
Just fill out a Referral Form (PDF) and fax to 510-263-3350. We handle all of the patient eligibility and authorizations to take the burden off your staff. One form and you are done – it’s that easy.
What to expect after making a referral:
- Within 24 hours, we fax a confirmation letter to the referring office to acknowledge receipt of the referral.
- Within 24-48 hours, the patient receives an automated call stating that CCSD has received a referral from their physician to our sleep center. The call states that we are obtaining the insurance authorization which will take a few days at which time we will call to schedule the appointment.
- We alternate calling and/or emailing daily to attempt to schedule the appointment.
- If we can’t reach the patient within 2 weeks, CCSD sends a letter to both the patient and the referring physician. The patient letter asks them to call CCSD and the physician letter asks for help in contacting the patient.
- If the patient asks to delay the appointment, we send a letter to the referring physician notifying them of the requested delay.